Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tuckahoe Angel


This is the first complete quilt that I made, 1979-80 (click the picture to enlarge). I regret to say that I copied the design from one in a magazine. The lady who made it called it "Tuckahoe Angel," and I was too ignorant to know that I shouldn't use her design without permission.

The friend that I gave it to brought it by this morning for me to photograph. I'm so pleased that she has preserved it in new condition. She said that she has washed it more than once, but it's still just perfect. It doesn't have a hanging sleeve on the back, so I had to spread it on the living room carpet and couldn't get far enough away to get a good photo. The border is very wide, black and pale yellow stripes, supposed to represent light rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment