Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Small Quilts




















The two small quilts shown above are wall-hangings that I made last fall as gifts for my two sisters. The cat quilt is 32" square, the star 48" square.

Since I started quilting in 1979, I have made nearly a hundred quilts. I've sold or given away most of them, and have no photos of them. The quilts shown on this blog are ones that I own, or that I had enough foresight to photograph before letting them go.

I love miniature things--almost anything in miniature fascinates me. Shown below are some of the doll-size quilts I've made.

At left is the first "doll quilt" I made, with a sort of free-hand attitude. It's about 16 inches square.
The three shown below were more carefully cut and sewn. The basket quilt is about 16 x 24". The Old Maid's Ramble (left) is approx. 14 inches square, and the Pinwheel (right) about 12" x 15".























At right is a large block made by my mother, and in 2008 I made it into a miniquilt (size 30 inches square).




The sweet Christmas wall-hanging at left (32" square) was made by my sister Susan.
*

Below is one I made several years ago by the Tree of Paradise pattern. It's 48 inches square.


At left is one that I made for my mother many years ago. (25" x 22") Both of these cat quilts were made from a pattern in a book by Georgia Bonesteel.
*

These two doll quilts were made by my daughter, Virginia Anne Cage. The sunshine and shadow (left) is 10.5" x 12.5", and the one at right is 14" square

3 comments: